The IO642 I/O module is a PROFIBUS module to connect real-time target machines to PROFIBUS DP Master devices such as programmable logic controllers.
The IO642 handles the complete data exchange between the connected PROFIBUS master and the real-time application. The data exchange is processed via a dual-port memory. The module acts as one PROFIBUS slave exclusively.
This I/O module is ideal for rapid control prototyping of devices in industrial automation plants such as motor controllers, sensors, I/O stations, and robots. Furthermmore, the IO642 can be used to perform hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) simulations for PLC testing, virtual commissioning, and factory acceptance tests using MATLAB® and Simulink®.
The IO642 I/O module is fully compatible with the Simulink Real-Time™ workflow. The extensive Simulink Real-Time driver blockset offers comprehensive functionality, and firmware updates are easily available, as the Setup driver block downloads microcontroller firmware each time a target application is initialized.
- Cyclic data exchange of up to 244 bytes with master devices via the PROFIBUS DP protocol
- Simulates a vast range of PROFIBUS DP devices from all vendors
- Seamless import of GSD files to easily set up slave device simulation
- Automatic baud rate detection
- DMA enables fast data exchange on PCI bus