The DNP3 Master blockset enables communication between real-time target machines and external devices in power grids, as well as in distribution systems for water, oil, and gas.
The blockset handles the data exchange between the connected DNP3 outstations and the application running on the real-time target computer.
The DNP3 Master blockset is ideal for rapid control prototyping (RCP) of control stations such as supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems and energy management systems (EMS). It also enables hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) simulation using MATLAB and Simulink for testing remote stations such as remote terminal units (RTU), intelligent electronic devices (IED) and programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
The blockset is compatible with the Simulink Real-Time workflow. DNP3 is supported both on the Ethernet interfaces of the real-time target machines, and over plug-in Ethernet I/O modules (see Hardware Selection Guide).
- Data exchange with up to 256 DNP3 outstations
- Supports class assignment, integrity poll and unsolicited messaging
- Supports read, control and freeze commands
- Features binary, double-binary, counter, and analog values
- Asynchronous data exchange saves computing time for real-time tasks
- Multiple master stations can run on one target machine, either controlling outstations in the same network or separate networks