This FPGA code module provides support for:
PWM generation: This allows a PWM device, e.g. rotary encoder or linear position sensor, to be generated.
Key functionalities supported by the PWM generation FPGA code module include:
- Symmetric, asymmetric, single-phase, and multi-phase PWM generation
- Dead band compensation
- Frequency-modulated pulse trains
PWM Capture: This allows a PWM device, e.g. rotary encoder or linear position sensor, to be measured.
The following pulse train durations or periods can be measured:
- Duration of high pulse
- Duration of how pulse
- Period between low to high transitions
- Period between high to low transitions
The outputs of the Simulink driver block are:
- High duration - total time the input is high between the last two triggers
- Low duration - total time the input is low between the last two triggers
- Period - time between the last two triggers