The IO731 I/O module provides two SFP ports, which by default are equipped with two standard physical Gigabit Ethernet transceivers (1000BASE-T) with RJ45 connectors.
Optionally, one or both ports can be equipment with a physical fast or gigabit Ethernet twisted single-pair transceiver of type 100BASE-T1 or 1000BASE-T1, providing robust EMC support such as for in-vehicle communication. Sometimes these physical interfaces are also referred to as Automotive Ethernet.
Below TSN IEEE standards are supported, enabling TSN Bridge or Endpoint operation, simultaneously with communication leveraging one of the following protocols:
- Real-time UDP (MATLAB R2020b and later)
- TCP/IP (MATLAB R2020b and later)
- RAW Ethernet (MATLAB R2022a and later)
- IEEE PTP 1588-2008 (MATLAB R2020b and later)
TSN IEEE Standards Supported
- IEEE 802.1AS – Timing and Synchronization
- IEEE 802.1Qbv – Enhancements for Scheduled Traffic
- IEEE 802.1Qav – Forwarding and Queuing Enhancements for Time-Sensitive Streams
- IEEE 802.1Qcc – Enhancements for Stream Reservation Protocol
- IEEE 802.1CB – Frame Replication and Elimination for Reliability
Real-time UDP, TCP/IP, Raw Ethernet, and PTP 1588 communication is defined through Simulink Real-Time blocks, and TSN specific features are configurable through a dedicated user interface, which is also accessible from within Simulink.